Monday, October 25, 2010

Heaven's Door





Heaven's Door opens two times in our lives.  Once when we are born and once when we die.  Maybe that is why we love babies so much.  They are fresh and new from heaven.  Also those who are closer to going through that door at the end of their lives.

Have you ever visited someone who was very very ill and wondered why you felt so much better after having been in their presence.  Why do you think that is?  The only answer I have right now is that they pretty much know what is really important in life and you feel that from them.  I  have had dear friends who have passed away and I have also had dear friends who's time has not yet come.  The miracles in both of these cases is the love and tenderness and sometimes even laughter that  occurs  when you are so close to someone who believes they are just a little close to heaven's door.

One Grey Michigan Day  I was sitting at home with my sixth month old baby boy.  I then had six children under the age of 12, three of whom were still preschoolers.  I was feeling a bit sorry for myself, when my doorbell rang.
A little annoyed and wondering who in the world was at my door, I got up and slowly went to answer.

When I answered the door there stood my friend Marti.  Marti was fighting stage 4 Leukemia and I didn't even know she was out of the hospital.  Her hair had grown back about and inch and a half and was standing straight up on her head.  She walked in, using a cain to steady herself.

She looked down at my little Lance and started to giggle.  I looked at her, then looked at him, then started to giggle too.  His baby fine hair was sticking up all over his head just like Marti's.  She said, "I didn't know I would meet my twin today."

Tomorrow I will tell the story of a another friend who was spared from death, then saved my life and has many many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment